Wednesday 28 March 2012

A quickie

This morning my husband left for a job interview.  As we were saying goodbye at the door, he asked me to send him positive thoughts today. I laughed and said I would.  I don't believe that positive thoughts can be sent anymore than I think prayers can.  Neither is effective.  The point is that my Christian husband who is attempting to come to terms with my atheism, made a concession.  He knew that asking me to pray for him today was pointless and instead asked for something closer to what I can do.  It made me really happy to have him say something like that because it shows a little progress in this part of our relationship and I just wanted to share that with - well, whoever is out there, hopefully reading my blog someday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment